ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 23:18:32 -0700
Actually, I'm not trying to affix blame at all. I just want to help find a
solution.

It seems, from your reply, that we agree that research shouldn't (or
doesn't) lead change, but that it merely confirms or refutes the value of
change that has taken place. I do beleive, however, that misinterpretations
of research can have (does ... DID have) disasterous, long-term effects.

Dialogue between the "upper,"  "middle," and "lower" education communities
is, as we both seem to be saying, essential.

Thanks for your comments about the separation fo liberal arts and education
departments; perhaps we can find some means of getting them more in touch
with one another, too.

Paul E. Doniger
The Gilbert School