ATEG Archives

October 2000

From:
Helene Krauthamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:13:09 -0700
Although no substitute for books, several Internet
sites provide a simple, convenient way to study
grammar.  There are many online writing labs (OWLs)
that, in addition to usage rules (prescriptive
grammar), provide instruction in real
(descriptive)grammar as well.  One of the most popular
is the Purdue OWL at http://owl.english.purdue.edu.
The National Writing Center Association has a list of
other OWLs at
http://departments.colgate.edu/diw/NWCAOWLS.html.
Also, the ATEG home page at
http://www.pct.edu/courses/evavra/ATEG (at least when
I last checked) has links to ATEG members' grammar
sites.
Hope this helps!