ATEG Archives

March 2010

From:
Leslie Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:22:02 GMT
I look at the original sentence "Wembley worried that...." as a contraction for the transitive verbal phrase
"Wembley worried about the possibility that...." where "worried about" is the actual verbal phrase. The phrase
"about the possibility" is subsumed into the expletive "that." In this case it is the DO answering the question
"What did Wembley worry about?"
Leslie