ATEG Archives

April 2005

From:
Jan Kammert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:41:02 -0700
At John Crow's suggestion, I'm writing to you all to ask for your ideas.

I teach 8th grade, and my principal has invited teachers to come up with
new elective classes for grades 6 through 8.  I'm thinking about a course
on language.  I'm thinking of having a bit of vocabulary, grammar, and the
history of English.  The course would be one semester (18 weeks).

I have to write a course description by noon on Friday.  Teachers only got
this request Tuesday.  I don't know how anyone can write anything very
thoughtful in that amount of time, but I'm going to give it my best try!

Do any of you have thoughts about what topics could be covered in this
course?  Thoughts about printed resources?  Thank you in advance for any
ideas you have.
Jan