ATEG Archives

August 2013

From:
Gregg Heacock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 02:31:15 -0400
I think it is a matter of framing.  If I were to put it mathematically, Romeo and Juliet's grief would be (X + Y)'s grief.  It is that framing that trips us up on the other constructions offered. "My" or "mine" just don't fit within that framing.  That is why they are awkward.  It hasn't so much to do with rules as it has to do with the brain and how it operates.

Most powerful organization of thought seems to benefit from framing.  Without it, we do the best that we can.

Gregg