ATEG Archives

January 2011

From:
Susan van Druten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:32:19 -0600
Craig, you miss John's point; students who do well on a SAT grammar question aren't necessarily better writers, but your question is as guilty--if not more so?  His point reveals your hypocrisy in criticizing SAT questions.  Be honest, it is hard--perhaps impossible--to write a multiple choice grammar question that reveals writing eloquence.  At least, most SAT questions can expose errors in skill.