ATEG Archives

October 2001

From:
"Haussamen, Brock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 11:22:25 -0400
I have just read and enjoyed Larry Beason's article, "Ethos and Error: How
Business People React to Errors," in the current issue of College
Composition and Communitcation (53:1, Sept. 2001, pp. 33-64).  The article
explores the negative images about writers that fourteen business
professionals derived from examples of different errors.

The Works Cited list also includes the first reference in CCC that I can
recall to ATEG--Margaret Kantz and Bob Yates' paper on "Whose Judgments? A
Survey of Faculty Responses to Common and Highly Irritating Writing Errors,"
presented at the 1994 ATEG Conference (and available on-line at
www2.pct.edu/coures/evavra/ateg/p5n13.htm).

Brock Haussamen