ATEG Archives

March 2007

From:
"Spruiell, William C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:06:56 -0400
My comment about making up terms in my previous post was intended as a
bit of self-mockery -- I *do* have a tendency to make up terms, and only
later to realize that that's not the most helpful thing to do (linguists
can be prone to this disorder, which I will now call
"novamalexifaction"). Frankly, I'm also happy with systems of numbered
types, as long as students can use them. As Herb points out, *all* these
terms are umbrella terms.

-- Bill Spruiell