ATEG Archives

June 2007

From:
Larry Beason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:38:09 -0500
It's common with academic journals to arrive via slower but less expensive mailings, so I'm fine with the process as is.  The new format of the journal has been such a delight that I'm grateful to receive the next issue, even if it doesn't arrive within the hour.

Larry Beason

____________________________
Larry Beason, Associate Professor
Director of Composition
University of South Alabama
Mobile, AL 36688-0002
251-460-7861

>>> "Hadley, Tim" <[log in to unmask]> 06/06/07 9:38 AM >>>
ATEG colleagues,

The Winter issue (22.2) and the Spring-Summer issue (22.3) of the ATEG
Journal were released from the mailing service one week ago today, and
so they are on their way to you now. Two issues were produced at one
time to catch us up with our publication schedule and to provide
information about the upcoming conference.

I say that the journals have been "released" because by now we know the
process: The mailing service takes the addressed journals to the USPS,
which then delivers them, seemingly as they jolly well please, sometime
within the following four weeks (if we're lucky).

This long wait is the sacrifice we make for paying bulk mail rates,
which are significantly less than first-class rates. However, how much
less? This is something I will investigate between now and the
conference. If our membership desires, and the cost is not prohibitive,
we might look into paying the higher rate for the faster delivery it
would provide.

Tim

Timothy D. Hadley

Assistant Professor of Professional Writing

English Department

Missouri State University

Springfield, MO 65897

office 417.836.5332, fax 417.836.4226