ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:25:03 -0700
I agree with Brock that Connie's idea of assessing individual grammar needs
based on student writing is "interesting." In fact, I believe that many
individual teachers, if not schools, do just that. I wonder if the same
could be done based on student gaps in reading skills? It seems to me that
the connection between a student's awareness of grammar and his or her
reading ability would be an area that deserves some study. What do you all
think?

Paul E. Doniger
The Gilbert School