ATEG Archives

December 1998

From:
Ito kazumasa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:59:47 +0900
Dear listers,
 I appreciate your kindness and generosity.
Thank you. Yes, it seems I have been tricked by the writer of this question.
Now my big headache has gone way. Today, I've found in UK magazine article a
line which goes,"Five years ago Intel definitely, absolutely, didn't start
selling PCs in competition with IBM and Compaq." So, these two adverbs mean
almost the same thing!
 As to "Cheshire cat", AltaVista gave me a different origin of it. It says
there was a man named Cheshire Catering who was always grinning, and as time
went by, Catering was shortened and became Cat.  It's an interesting
anecdote, though I'm not sure about its authenticity.
 Thank you once again listers and I hope y'all have wonderful New Year's
holdays.

Kazumasa Ito
Sapporo, Japan