ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
Ruth Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:57:00 -0500
Jeff,

I am so amazed at the glimpses of molecular structure of the English
language I have been privileged to see in this forum.  A teacher once told
me, "You will have been taught everything there is to know about English
grammar by the time you are in the ninth grade.  Anything beyond that point
is simply repetition."  How wrong can a person be?!  I see a huge need to
teach some teachers.

I'm curious what you were referring to when you said "see chapter 19."  Is
there a title to go with this "chapter 19?"  :-)   I'm all ears...

~Ruth