ATEG Archives

April 2005

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:05:06 -0500
Not only is grammar and language study handled more formally and in greater depth in countries like Sweden, France, Spain, Germany, Lithuania, Finland, and Russia, but even in our fellow-English-speaking country Great Britain grammar has been brought back into the curriculum in a formal and rigorous way, and the grammar that is being taught is influenced strongly by linguistics.  Dick Hudson has had some interesting comments on this, since he was also involved in it.  You might check his web site at

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/dick/home.htm

Herb