ATEG Archives

May 2000

From:
David Neyhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 12:32:05 EST
Hello,

I agree with William McCleary. Perhaps the student has misunderstood the
teacher, or the teacher did not explain the item as clearly as possible. As
a graduate student teaching composition courses, the latter is oftentimes
the case for me. I know what I want to explain, but as an inexperienced
teacher, I struggle with the explanation.  This is not to say that the
teacher did not simply misinform the students; this is stll a possibility.
But, I hope that upon considering other possibilities, your horror may
dissolve into concern. :)

Have a pleasant (and long)  weekend,
David Neyhart
David K. Neyhart