ATEG Archives

January 2011

From:
"Spruiell, William C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:12:51 -0500
The get-passive (and other get-constructions) have been the object of a good bit of work by corpus linguists. A lot of journal articles are behind paywalls, of course, but during a quick search I also ran into the following piece by Pierfranca Forchini that's not, and it provides some good overview material as well as giving the reader an idea of the kind of research that has been going on. It's for an audience of linguists, but it uses a Quirk & Greenbaum format for describing the constructions, and so is more "cross-platform friendly" than could have been the case:

http://www.openstarts.units.it/dspace/handle/10077/3231