ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:29:09 -0700
This is only my personal bit of conjecture, but I worry that it was just
such "quantitative research" (and much mis-reading of it) that got us into
this mess in the first place. Wouldn't it be better to get the universities
out of their ivory towers and into the k-12 classrooms, in an inter-active,
dynamic way, where real life (and the death of "good writing") is happening?
How do we re-write curriculum and re-train teachers if we're disconnected?

I don't mean to sound "anti-research" or anti-university -- far from it. I
only want to find a way to make the educational thread more continuous and
more successful.

Any thoughts?

Paul