ATEG Archives

June 2007

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:57:26 -0400
Dave,

The article at the link deals with formal logic, in which conjunction has a very precise meaning.  It doesn't really have a lot to do with natural language.  Formal logic deals with truth value and the relationships among propositions--plus a lot more, and it's a very useful body of knowledge for careful representation of certain semantic distinctions.

I may have used the word "disjunctive".  I don't think I called them adjunctive.

Herb