ATEG Archives

January 2011

From:
Susan van Druten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:52:16 -0600
Craig and others who dislike the SAT test,

What are the kinds of things high school students should know about grammar that could be tested in an objective, pre-college test?  Can you give some examples of good multiple choice question that would measure explicit grammar knowledge that you think is important and relevant?

Or is the very idea of an objective test the problem?

Susan