ATEG Archives

May 2006

From:
Nancy Tuten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 17:45:12 -0400
So now I wonder: would I be helping folks or just confusing them further if
I introduced these distinctions in an article meant for a general audience?

Herb, in the article you read in which we distinguish between possessive and
attributive nouns, are we misleading/deceiving our readers or simply failing
to make a rather esoteric distinction?

Regardless of whether this information would be appropriate for our article,
I am grateful that you have broadened my understanding of the topic.

Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy L. Tuten, PhD
Professor of English
Director of the Writing-across-the-Curriculum Program
Columbia College
Columbia, South Carolina
803-786-3706