ATEG Archives

July 2010

Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 00:29:28 -0400
Thanks, Brett but,  No. I am looking for a term that included identical word
pair in which voicing makes a semantic difference.  Herb's
grammaticalization makes sense but I was seeking something a mite specifiuc
if the term exists.  I would point out, however, that educated native
speakers of English at an international symposium at Pacific U last month
asked, "Where djwanna go for lunch?"  They were from California--not Dixie.

Scott Catledge