ATEG Archives

September 2009

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:38:38 -0400
Ed,
   I had to laugh because I read this just after responding to an email
in the following way: "Good news. Thanks. Happy to be both appreciated
and useful."
   He has since written back "Yes, sir."
   The gist of his first email was that a check is coming, with an
appreciative comment about the services.
   I should have a subscription to English Journal. For some reason I
missed this one. I'll be sure to check it out.
   My students have more of a tendency to write run-ons than fragments.
I'm not sure why. Quite often they take the form of two independent
clauses making the same point, as in "She was my most trusted friend, I
could always count on her."

Craig