ATEG Archives

May 1996

From:
Homayoun Abghari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 08:19:21 -0500
Sir,

I am a 46-year-old Iranian with a Ph.D. in applied linguistics. For
reasons that I cannot discuss in this e-mail, I am unable to find a
job in Iran proportionate with my ecudational and professional
capacities.

I have recently published a book titled "A HANDBOOK OF TEACHING
ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE." If I am provided with an address, I
can mail you a copy of my work, which may be able to give you an idea
as to my knowledge of the English language as well as how much or
little I know about teaching English as a foreign language.

I am quite fluent in English - about as fluent as a native. I have
taught English, trained teachers, administered English language
schools, devised syllabi, planned curricula, made test materials, for
as many as 26 years. Health wise, I am a very fit 46-year-older.

If you are think I may qualify for the teaching position you have
available, just drop me a line and I'll be more than glad to send you
my c.v. and any other information you might require.

Regards

Homayoun Abghari