ATEG Archives

June 2005

From:
Karl Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:17:14 -0700
Also note that you can substitute phrases for these components without
altering the meaning much: 'from' can replace 'out of', 'the best' (and
many others) can replace 'the most'. We don't have any lexical
fossilization here, so I too would say it's not a phrasal verb.

Karl Hagen
Department of English
Mount St. Mary's College