ATEG Archives

April 2004

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:47:28 -0400
Just a reminder to the list:

As secretary, I have been forwarding all SPAM to the authorities (FTC, FCC,
and in some cases, the SEC); I also try to trace ISP addresses to forward to
the server (not always a successful effort). My suspicion, based on the
apparent exponential growth of SPAM, is that these efforts are mostly
fruitless, but I suppose that things might be worse if we didn't forward
this junk.

The advise from Paul Wilson and others is still good: do nothing (but do
eliminate the messages from your inbox).

Thanks,

Paul E. Doniger