ATEG Archives

July 2008

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:33:45 -0400
John,

Talmy Givon edited a collection "Topic Continuity in Discourse" that may help on this topic.  Most of it deals with other languages, but there is a chapter on English narrative prose.

Herb

Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University