ATEG Archives

October 2001

From:
Helene Krauthamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:15:37 -0700
Dear ATEG-ers,
To those of you in Maryland - Delaware- DC
-Virginia-and others in shouting distance of the
District of Columbia, I'd like to invite you to submit
abstracts to the College English Association - Middle
Atlantic Group's annual meeting, here at the
University of the District of Columbia.  We are a
small organizations and would welcome submissions
about grammar teaching.  Please feel free to
distribute this call to your colleagues as well.
Thanks!
Helene
Call for Papers!

College English Association – Middle Atlantic Group

Spring Conference
Saturday, March 9, 2002
University of the District of Columbia
4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008

Beyond the Classroom:
Mobilizing the Discipline

Service Writing – Service Learning
The State of the Profession
English & Ethics
Pedagogy: English & Students’ Backgrounds
Pedagogy: English & Students’ Futures
Popular Culture and/or Cultural Studies
Interdisciplinary Connections
English on the Internet
Adjunct Forum

The annual one-day conference serves a wide variety of
schools, teachers, and creative writers.  We invite
full-time faculty members, adjuncts, and graduate
students to submit abstracts for papers or proposals
for panels, workshops, or poetry or short fiction
readings and discussions.

Abstracts and proposals are due by November 15, 2001.
Send abstracts, proposals, or inquiries about chairing
sessions to the Program Chair:

Dr. Leela Kapai <[log in to unmask]>
Department of English, Prince George’s Community
College
301 Largo Road, Largo, MD  20774

Please email any questions to Dr. Helene Krauthamer,
CEA-MAG President, at <[log in to unmask]> or
phone 202-274-5626.