ATEG Archives

November 2010

From:
Susan van Druten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:58:46 -0600
The ability to interbreed until a certain point was my point: a concrete definition is agreed upon by all.  Non-sexually reproducing organisms are not a problem because they are of another class that are agreed upon by all.

Besides, what is your gut-level feeling about biology and grammar?  Do you think our inability to know and define and agree upon when a species has evolved is the same as our inability to know and define and agree upon grammatical terms?