ATEG Archives

May 2005

From:
John Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 11:15:58 -0400
The following is an unsolicited plug for a free new program:

I have switched over to g-mail, Google's beta version of an e-mail
program.  It is fantastic, especially for threads like we maintain on
this listserv:  it keeps the entire thread connected (they are called
"Conversations") so that you can see the unread messages and click on
any of the headers of the previous messages to re-read them.  It is SO
MUCH better than having each e-mail message as a separate entry in
some folder.  It also gives you two gigs (yes, gigs) of free storage
for your mail, so you don't have to delete.  And, as you might expect,
the search capability for your e-mail is slick.

If any of you want to try it out, e-mail me at [log in to unmask] and
I will issue you an invitation.  Again, it's free; I get nothing from
this.  But you have to be "invited" by someone who already has an
account in order to get one.  Well worth the effort to change over to
in my opinion!

John