ATEG Archives

July 1997

From:
Michael Kischner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:40:54 -0700
Would people please write in to tell us if $95-a-night hotel rates will
prevent them from coming to Seattle in 1998?  That is what we're running
into with our preliminary inquiries -- and not from the fancy centralized
hotels, either!  July is high tourist season for Seattle.

There is the option of dormitory housing at the University of Washington
at about $35/night.  But I'm told this can be less than comfortable:
bathrooms are communal, the dorms can be noisy (many groups would be using
them), and access to public transportation isn't ideal.