ATEG Archives

May 2004

From:
Teresa M Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 23:04:44 -0400
Odile,

Thought I would let you know that I'm taking a graduate program in Education
via on-line learning from Walden University.  It's perfect for me because
I'm a single mom with four young children.  However, I have no idea why high
schools would use this method.  I am a bit familiar with the Abeka Home
School materials, and can see the benefits of  this type of education if a
parent is available and knowledgeable enough to supervise the instruction.
My own kids prefer going to school.  I just can't imagine them sitting at
the computer each day taking classes.  What about music, art, gym, and shop
classes?

Teresa Francis