ATEG Archives

December 2009

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:02:25 -0500
Mellowdrama struck me initially as a potential eggcorn (http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/), but I googled it and it looks like the vast majority of hits have to do with a band or a theatre group.  I didn't see any naive uses in the five pages of hits that I checked.  The girl's use that you mention may indicate that it is a potential eggcorn, but not one that's very widespread yet.

Herb

Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University