ATEG Archives

October 1999

From:
Reinhold Schlieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:33:41 -0400
No need to apologize; it's OK to disagree.  And yet, "human" also varies between
"featherless biped" and "rational animal," the latter being under assault
continually with insights into dolphins and chimps, no?   There may even be a
context in which Socrates may be considered "immortal" or nothing at all--if he
were to be a mere rhetorical device of Plato's, no?

Ahhh, the relativity of it all, ne c'est pas?

==Cheers, Reinhold