B-ORGPRES Archives

April 2015

B-ORGPRES@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michelle Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:04:17 -0400
Dear Business Org Presidents,

Just a reminder about having your members apply to get a YPAC mentor. These are young alumni who serve on the Dean's Young Professional Alumni Committee (YPAC) Here are the details:

My name is Joe Wavering ([log in to unmask]) and I am the current Vice President of Students for the Business Student Advisory Council (BSAC).  In 2012, our organization launched the Young Professionals Alumni Council (YPAC) Mentorship Program, which matches Farmer School of Business students with recent graduates of Miami based on similar interests.  The YPAC Mentorship Program provides students the opportunity to build a relationship with young professionals for aid in career advice and encouragement during their time at Miami.  This year, I am looking to add new student members to the program, preferably freshman and sophomores.

Attached to this email is the application for the program. The application is due on Wednesday, April 8th at 5pm in FSB 1022.

Participation in this program is contingent on the fulfillment of a few expectations. First, there will be two mandatory meetings on the evenings of April 13th and April 19th in order to provide the foundation for a highly beneficial mentorship relationship. Additionally, it is expected that mentees make a continued effort to stay in touch with their mentor by reaching out about once a month.

I look forward to receiving everyone's applications!

Best Regards,
Joe Wavering- [log in to unmask]