BCTA Archives

June 2010

BCTA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Norma Pennock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Butler County Township Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:54:15 -0400
Township officials:

For those of you in townships served by Butler County Water and Sewer, please excuse this unwanted message.  For those of you in townships served by Southwest Regional Water District, this is a request for assistance.

We are aware, naturally, that water theft occurs.  The typical case is someone who hooks onto one of our hydrants in a remote location and fills a tanker.  We do make hydrant meters available on occasion, but not very often and generally only to contractors on a short-term basis.  If any of your township workers happens to observe anyone using one of our hydrants (not counting fire departments, of course), we would appreciate a call to our 24/7 phone number, which is 863-0828.  If they can get a license number, so much the better. Any such call will be relayed by our answering service to our on-call employee, who will ask for backup from a county deputy and will then respond.

Thanks for your help.

Norma Pennock, Operations Manager
Southwest Regional Water District