BESTBUDDIES Archives

March 2006

BESTBUDDIES@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:46:19 -0500
Hi! My name is Roya Samarghandi and I am running for Vice President of
Campus Activities.  I just wanted to send you an email telling you a
little bit about myself, my platform, and what I would like to see happen
with Campus Activities Council next year.
A lot has been said about the lack of candidates running for ASG positions
this year and the apparent apathy of the student body.  I can assure that
I believe myself to absolutely be the most qualified person for the job,
and am very passionate about CAC as an organization.  I appreciate your
time in reading this rather lengthy email and apologize for my inability
to meet with your organization in person, but would be very pleased to
have the support of your organization in Thursday's election.  I look
forward to working with all of you as the next Vice President of Campus
Activities.

I am a junior Political Science major from Cincinnati, Ohio and have
served on Campus Activities Council for the past two years as a member of
the Multi-Cultural Concert and Lecture Board.  I have also served on the
Directing and Development team, the Charter Day Ball Committee, and am
currently a member of the Executive Board.  I was also given the honor of
serving as the chair of the Multi-Cultural Concert and Lecture Board this
year.  I have organized such entertainment as Pablo Francisco, Jo Koy,
Twista, and the Fifth and Sixth Annual Lavatus V. Powell Diversity
Conferences.

I truly believe in Campus Activities Council as an organization, but I can
see many ways that we could improve.  I believe that we could do a much
better job of working with other organizations, not only to decrease the
over-programming which seems to plague Miami's campus, but also to pool
our resources, both financially and in less tangible ways, to bring more
high-quality events to Oxford.  As MCL Chair, I have been very proud of
the relationship which we have garnered with Diversity Affairs Council,
and believe this could be a model for future collaborations with all CAC
boards and other organizations.
I also believe that CAC needs to have greater input from not only students
and faculty, but also the Oxford community at large.  I believe that CAC
needs to implement an online forum based off of either the MyMiami website
or CAC's own, where people can submit feedback or suggestions on the types
of programming that best addresses their own interests.
It is also my contention that Campus Activities Council could do a much
better job of using the resources which Miami's campus provides.  We need
to use the Miami Student, WMSR, MyMiami, and the local Oxford paper, as
well as other media outlets, to inform the community of our events and
other pertinent information.

Again, I thank you for your time, and ask for your support and that of
your organization, so if you would be willing, please send an email over
your listserve asking people to vote!