BSAAGB Archives

October 2013

BSAAGB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Darice Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darice Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:39:43 -0400
Good morning everyone!

BSAA Meeting 10/24
Meeting started at 7:32

Adrianne asked for feedback on our week.
*Sex talk got good reviews, Study Abroad was informative. Bonfire was good. Homecoming was nice, and gave us insight on what we can do better next time.

Next event coming up is the Kwanza Celebration and Holiday Concert. Tentative date for Kwanaza Event is November 22, at 7 p.m in Lower Alexander. We are going to combine these two events. An ugly sweater contest is an idea.

*Darice- Look into reserving the Great Room, then Lower Alexander, then the Heritage Room.

-Food: Christmas cookies, sample stuff, holiday foods.

Rayna will talk to someone from ASU about other food options.

If you have any ideas of who might like to perform something (song, dance, poem, etc.), let us know.

Open Exec. Positions for next semester are Co-Communication Chair and Co-Social Cutural Chair. Elections are November 7th. (our next meeting).

Multi-Cultural Student Leadership Conference is November 1st-3rd

Will Haygood Lecture- November 5th at 7 p.m. in Hall Auditorium

NAACP Banquet is on November 2nd. Send RSVP's to Brooke Shirley

Global Holiday Party in November 19th 7:30 p.m. in Shriver MPR

Rayna- Hightlighter Party and Block Party is in the spring, and we need to start brainstorming ideas.

- Black History Month Committee: if you are interested in joining, talk to Rayna.

-One idea is a talk on the pro's and con's of living off campus and what your options are.

-Workshop on scheduling

Movie Night is gonna be at Level 27

The Crucible is having a discussion at 7 p.m. in 418 McGuffey on Monday on the portrayal of women.

Meeting ended at 8:15

Have a nice weekend,
-Darice