BSU Archives

April 2016

BSU@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chanell Upshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chanell Upshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2016 14:12:15 -0400
Hello Everyone,

Please look below at a series of upcoming events!

Message From Dr. Rodney Coates of the Black World Studies Department:

Want to be heard, now is the time.  A consulting firm, EducationCounsel, will be meeting with student groups on April 13, from 5-6 pm Shideler 001 to discuss inclusion, retention , and climate.  The purpose is to advise the University on how to best accomplish this.  Your voice is important, and we need you to show up and share your experiences.  Provost Phyllis Callahan has asked that students interested in advancing this conversation to meet with Education Counsel.

It's Sigma Week! Join the Almighty Alpha Beta Kappa Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc, for some of their fun events this week. Hope to see you there! (Flyer Attached Below)

Also for the week: Sigma Lambda Gamma is Miami's ONLY multicultural sorority. This week to celebrate the founding of our organization we will be hosting daily events. The purpose of these events is to present our sorority's principles to the campus and further our mission of spreading cultural awareness and empowering all people. (Flyer Attached Below)