CDG-CNL Archives

September 1994

CDG-CNL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Curriculum Development Group - Composition & Literature <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 1994 00:42:34 EST
(sorry to be lazy and reply instead of sending my own message.)

As I recall from the last 112 meeting, we didn't discuss the point or future
of this list.

What we did decide is to begin working on content. We're all going to bring
in some kind of concept or practice (to use terms we sort of distinguished
in the discussion) that we feel is a useful way to go about teaching reading
in some of the ways we've discussed. Susan suggested putting something on
paper and distributing it to the group ahead of the next meeting (scheduled
for Thurs. Sept. 29 at 12:30 pm).

The idea is to get at our course description (goals, articulation, etc.)
through discussing specific pedagogical practices.

I feel that I should offer some kind of proposal for how to use this list
in terms of this phase of our project, but I don't have anything more specific
to offer than use it as a place to start sharing and discussing (asking
questions about) each other's pedagogical approaches to this course. Maybe
I'll "distribute" what I plan to bring to the next meeting over the list.
(A problem, since I think a few of the group are still not on--but . . . )

How's that for a non-answer?  (A specialty I seem to be developing lately)

Serena