CDG-CNL Archives

October 1994

CDG-CNL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curriculum Development Group - Composition & Literature <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 17:24:18 -0400
Would the readers of this list be interested in
sharing units and syllabi for their 112 classes, somewhat
independently of the "thriving" regular 112 meeting.

i am putting a class together on reading much like I did last time.
But I would prefer to collab on a syllabi rather than work so lonely.
[a song?]

I would like to "teach" Malea's unit on Borders for example.
I would like to put together a course based on units writ by
subcommittee folk.

I would prefer to upload units (or drafts of units) here for peer review
and then put together a course that looks anything like what John
sketched out with us in the last 112 meeting.

Anyone?

P.S.  The rhetoric of the geographical metaphor for cyberspace
is a romance about the techne, the romance of a ideal discourse,
but also a misinterpretation of the history of reading.  The romantic
geography metaphor of a desiring presence in cyberspace points
to a gap (yikes) in the subject's imagination of what reading has been
doing with/for us all along.  Does the rhetoric of reading in that case
display vividly and locally the deployment of the subject through reading?
How is it again that so many scholars have been arguing that cyberspace
is apolitical?  As if the word were not here?  Compusory object-ivity!

Also, I present at NCTE mid-month about the narratives that represent
reading and my 112.  Like to see that abstract here?  Respond to drafts?
Here?  Provide helpful quotes and critique here?

thanks,

jmcf