CDG-CNL Archives

November 1994

CDG-CNL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
dubinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curriculum Development Group - Composition & Literature <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 07:01:19 EST
Since I subscribed to the list, I've read the messages with interest, although
I must admit that sometimes I found them hard to read.  I've not participated
actively because I haven't had the time/energy. JCMF's note last night was
a surprise.  I may have misread it, but my sense is that he's uncomfortable
because there are people such as myself on the list.

Prior to last night, I had never heard the term "lurking" used in a listserv
context.  It has such a sinister and unpleasant tone.  If I've been guilty of
"lurking," I apologize.

To make JCMF more comfortable (or to contribute to the process), to eliminate
the possibility of being considered a "lurker," and because I simply don't
have time to participate actively, I'm unsubscribing.

As my youngest sister used to say:  "It's been real."  Jim