CER Archives

September 2010

CER@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Terry Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:58:50 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite all of you to consider visiting New Orleans this
December (a good time of year to do so!), and contributing to the
combined SE/SW regional ACS meeting Nov 30-Dec 4. There are many
chemical education-related symposia, most of which are open for abstract
submission and will provide venues for a range of education and chemical
education research topics. I have included the schedule below; please
contact the listed organizers or me ([log in to unmask]) if you have
specific questions. Deadline for submission is coming up soon: October
15. General meeting information may also be found at www.swrm.org.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Morning
Using Wiley Plus Online Assessment in the Chemistry Classroom
Terry Watt, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
Kristy Ruff, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
Afternoon
What’s New In Precollege Chemistry Teaching
Claire Davis-Wheeler, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
NSF Programs that Support Undergraduate Education
Robert Boggess, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
Cindy Brukhardt, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])

Thursday, December 2, 2010
Morning
Division of Chemical Education General Papers
Terry Watt, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
Afternoon
Division of Chemical Education Poster Session
Terry Watt, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])

Friday December 3, 2010
Morning
Broadening Participation of Underrepresented groups in the Chemical
Sciences
Terry Watt, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
What’s New In Introductory University Lecture Courses
Jason Overby, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
Afternoon
Broadening Participation of Underrepresented groups in the Chemical
Sciences
Terry Watt, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
What’s New In Introductory University Lab Courses
Jason Overby, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])
Undergraduate Research Poster Session
Jason Overby, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])

Saturday December 4, 2010
High School Teacher Workshop (1/2 day)
Claire Davis-Wheeler, Organizer (email: [log in to unmask])

--
Dr. Terry Watt
Assistant Professor