CER Archives

November 2014

CER@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Thomas Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:48:36 -0500
Dear colleagues,

If you are aware of any undergraduates interested in a summer REU
experience working in CER or other discipline-based education research
areas, please share the information below.

Best regards,
--
Thomas D. Kim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biochemistry

*************************************

Dear Students,

The Science and Mathematics Education Research Collaborative at RIT is
pleased to announce the launch of the a Discipline-Based Education
Research (DBER) REU program in Model-based Reasoning in STEM Education.
  We are currently accepting applications from interested science
undergraduate students for the 2015 cohort.  Applicants do not need to
have previous DBER experience.  This multidisciplinary REU includes
projects that span biology, chemistry, physics and science communication.

Applications are due November 30th in order to admit participants in
time for the unique January Jump-Start session.  During the Jump-Start,
students will work remotely with their mentors, start project
development and earn a $500 stipend.  A $4500 stipend will be provided
for the main on-campus summer research experience.

Please visit our website to learn more about our program and complete an
online application.   If you have any questions please contact

http://www.rit.edu/cos/smerc/REU

Thank you!

The RIT DBER REU team

and

Benjamin M. Zwickl

Assistant Professor | School of Physics and Astronomy | Rochester
Institute of Technology

84 Lomb Memorial Drive | Rochester, NY 14623

www.rit.edu/cos/benjamin-m-zwickl | [log in to unmask] | 585-475-4512