CLEANACCESS Archives

March 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Cooper, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:27:38 -0500
Sean,

I created a custom check that looks for the following key in the
registry:

Key: "HKLM\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\"

Value name: "ProductVersion" is greater than or equal to "262145014".

The product version number here refers to version 10.1.4.4000, so
anything newer than that version will pass the check. This only applies
to Windows XP though. They reset the product version numbering scheme
for SAVCE version 10.2, used on Vista. We created a new check for Vista
machines that checks the same registry key but with "18088956" as the
ProductVersion.

Doug

DOUGLAS R. COOPER

Systems Administrator, CCNA