CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brian Beausoleil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:37:58 -0400
We are currently running 4.1.8 and are considering the benefits of
upgrading to the Appliances vs changing vendors.  I tried searching
for a document that compares the new versions of NAC (4.5, 4.6 and
4.7) but haven't found anything solid.  What I am trying to find is
which version would be right for our school.  Im also curious what you
get in 4.7 that you don't get in 4.6 or 4.5 since they all came out so
relatively close to each other.

Things I have learned is that somewhere along the line the Agent was
becoming a service.  If that is true, I assume the admin rights
requirement to upgrade the agent would no longer be required?
Secondly, I read in release notes that WIndows 7 would be supported,
as well as Snow Leopard for Mac, and 64 bit versions of all the
operating systems.  Lastly, another feature I read about was the
ability to customize prompts and text the end-user reads throughout
the login and remediation processes.

If anyone knows of such a document or site, or wouldn't mind
highlighting and corroborating the enhancements in each version we
would truly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Brian Beausoleil
Network Administrator