CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeremy Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 17:34:35 -0400
Hey Michael,

We do something similar at the beginning of each semester, we have a 2
week grace period where we change the requirements for Students to
Optional. During this time we post notices in the dorms and on our
portal site to let students know what is going on. It isn't as
elegant/automatic as a "3 strikes and your out" type system but it
cuts down on the number we have come to our shop.

We still have those stragglers who "had no idea","don't know how to
even turn on a computer" or my favorite "think its totally
unreasonable to require people to have AV software" but we would have
those people anyway :)

--Jeremy