CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Joyce, Todd N" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:48:52 -0400
We have moved to this policy.  For the most part we have had to do some
work for some games but not many.  We are using Reflexive access control
lists on the udp ports we can identify so that it looks similar to an
established tcp connection.  We did this in response to the unpatched
Symantec outbreak we had in January.  Final Fantasy XI is the only game
we have not opened up because it wants 15000+ udp ports.

todd

Todd Joyce
Network Services
Radford University - The Smart Choice
(540) 831-7777

Keep your boots and ChapStick and ice hotels.
Give me shorts and sandals and a thirty-blocker.

Temperance Brennan - Monday Mourning