CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:31:36 -0400
Check in /perfigo/backup

Our 3.5.4 manager seems to be storing nightly snapshots there.  They
are created by /perfigo/dbscripts/nightly_db_backup.sh which uses
create_dump from /perfigo/control/bin/control-functions

create_dump uses pg_backup to do the dirty work:
su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_dump -b -Fc -h $PG_HOST -p 5432
controlsmartdb | /bin/gzip > $DUMP_FILE"

This will backup the majority of the manager configuration if you put
it in a cron job.  It's the same thing as clicking the "backup"
button on the manager page.

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator
The American University