CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Feise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 18:19:24 -0700
On Tue, May 12, 2009 16:47, Stanclift, Michael wrote:
> Then what is the point of having NAC in the first place? We limit their
> access based on antivirus and update status... why not just let anyone on
> the network in any configuration?

Obviously, I am not a lawyer. With that said...
The main difference I see is that the check is limited.
Checking for arbitrary things is the problem, not checking for specific
issues that are needed to keep the network running.

But in any case, not every university is using a NAC-style system. Maybe
ask the network admins who don't use such a system why... I am sure pretty
much every university network admin has looked at what's out there.

-Joe