CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2004

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Hague, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:20:41 -0400
I am getting ready to take Perfigo out of the lab and sick it on some of
our summer resnetters. I want to set it up as a virtual gateway and keep
my DHCP server in place.
I am not real sure how to configure my IP addressing though. Here are my
main questions...
I think I read somewhere to set both interfaces on the SecureSmart to
use the same IP address. Do I do that or do I give them different
addresses on the same subnet?
Do I set my DHCP clients to use the IP address of the SecureSmart's
untrusted interface as their default gateway?
Do I set the default gateway of the Securesmart's trusted interface to
the IP address of my router?
Thanks for any help!

Jeff Hague
Network Manager