CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:39:09 -0400
I'm pretty sure those files are used by the agent to detect AV/AS Vendors.

From: 	David Stempien <[log in to unmask]>
To:	<[log in to unmask]>
Date: 	4/26/2007 3:20 PM
Subject: 	What do these Clean Access agent files do?

We are getting reports from our users that the file C:\Program Files\Cisco
Systems\Clean Access Agent\AV41\AV\SpyBot.dll is infected with a virus.
We're using Sophos Anti-Virus with a definition file dated today, so a
change in the new definition file thinks the SpyBot.dll file is infected.
Obviously, this is a false positive (I hope).  I submitted the file to
Sophos for research.

My question is: does anyone know what all of the .dll files in the path
above actually contain/do in regards to Clean Access agent operation?  I
assume something to identify installation of AV software...

Thanks,

--
Dave Stempien, Network Security Engineer
University of Rochester Medical Center